Sunday, February 17, 2013

Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it.

Bill Cosby said it but I'm going to try to live it. There are plenty of things in life to truly be scared of, but failure is not one of them. When I look back at my life so far one thing holds true, every time I've failed it's brought me to something better.

So if that is the equation for my life then that means if I fail at EDJ then something even better will come out of it all. I need to make a decision, put my head down and just do it. The worst case scenario is one of two things. Either I succeed and become a successful FA or I fail and on to the next thing like I have done thousands of times before.

If I believe in my ability to talk to people, explain the situation and help them come to a responsible decision I am putting faith in myself to do well. There will be training, mentors and more support than most people get in my position. I have help and advantages.

I can worry all daylong about what people might think about a Jones kid getting perks but my father has worked extremely hard to get where he is and if that means he gets to help me then so be it. Plenty of people get jobs because of who they know what is the difference between that and this? Nothing except my own preconceived notions about what it will make people think of me. I will be given something to start with but it's up to me to turn that into a success.

You can give anyone a head start but if they don't want to work to build it there is nothing to be done. Let it go Finchum, let it go. No one can say you haven't worked hard or made sacrifices. Maybe all those times have all lead to this.

Not everyone is going to be one your side. People will be jealous, mean, vindictive and catty. All you can do is weed them out and find the genuine people to stand with you,

You will make mistakes, everyone does. Be sure to learn from them and move one. If you dwell on them it will break you.

Ask for help. There is nothing wrong with asking for help. But be sure it's a situation where you truly need help and aren't just being lazy.

Be genuine. People can feel it when you are fake. Don't fall into that keeping up with the Jones's. be true to you no matter how well or poorly you do in your career. Don't let money corrupt your beliefs or ethics. That's what made SF so difficult, I knew it was wrong.

Listen to what they have to say, have a conversation with Dad and B and then make a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment